Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tea time for me time

Am back in the great state of Veracruz. Coming home today to my apartment in Xalapa, after a three-week absence, was muy satisfying. When I opened the door, I took a quick inventory: everything still here, nothing carried away by thieves or ants. Yes! I then threw down my suitcases, which have become my new Least Favorite Possessions, and ran to the kitchen to relocate my new Most Favorite Possession, which I immediately set to work on making a long-awaited cup of tea.

While enjoying this moment of zen, I started looking back on my pictures from the last few weeks. They reminded me that there were plenty of equally lovely moments on the road, too (see below), so perhaps I owe my suitcases an apology.


(A weathervane and rain cloud in Guanajuato, Mexico; set to the tune of Bésame en la Boca)

No comments:

The information presented here does not represent the Fulbright Program or the U.S. Department of State.