Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last looks

I moved out of my apartment in Xalapa and am now back in Mexico City for one final week of tacos, cervezas, and farewells. There are few signs of Swine Flu having ever been here, except for the city health workers who now stand in the subway, squeezing hand sanitizer out of condiment bottles into the hands of riders before they board. I hope they keep that going—it's great!

Here are some shots from the last few weeks, as I tried to be more disciplined with taking my camera around with me.



The elementary school in Coatepec, near Xalapa



Two streams converge to make this nice little swimming hole at the foot of La Granada waterfall, Coatepec


A neighbor lady talks on her phone while standing on her historic-tastic balcony, Xalapa



Phillip and Itzel in my Xalapa apartment, in the jarana-filled days after Son Jarocho camp


A fandango on my last night in Xalapa (see my official blog for more on this later.)




After moving out of Xalapa, I went to visit my friends Naomi, Jose, and Will in beautiful Queretaro. In New Spain, it used to be the gateway Mexico's mysterious northern territories.



A political rally for the PRI party in Queretaro.

No comments:

The information presented here does not represent the Fulbright Program or the U.S. Department of State.